About Highland Engineering
Who We Are
Since 2002, we have successfully delivered consulting and forensic engineering services to a broad range of clients both locally and nationally. Our formula is simple: provide each client with personalized service and deliver outstanding results – on time and on budget. Our professionals are thorough and accurate, and all have substantial experience in all aspects of commercial and residential construction, and forensic engineering. We are consistent in sustaining the leading standards of practice, continuing education, and the use of technology in order to offer our clients the most competitive, efficient and professional services possible.
Working With Highland Engineering
- We are collaborative, working alongside our customers to establish clear expectations.
- Our work is distinctive because of our relentless attention to detail.
- We offer unmatched personalized service for each client
- Always resourceful, we expertly manage complexity and obstacles any project may present.
- Integrity and a high ethical standard guides all of the work we do
- We hold ourselves accountable to provide excellent results
- Licensed Structural Engineer & Private Investigator: Illinois
- Licensed Professional Engineer: Colorado, District of Columbia, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Wisconsin
Todd Lesperance, S.E., P.E.
Todd Lesperance founded Highland Engineering in 2002 to fulfill his goal of business ownership and help clients succeed in their respective businesses. Todd brings over 25 years of experience as a consulting engineer with Highland Engineering and Alta Engineering ltd., and as a civil engineer with the Illinois Department of Transportation. In addition to extensive commercial, residential and roadway design work, he has served as a forensic engineer for hundreds of property damage, casualty, and personal injury cases. Todd holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from Michigan Technological University, and is currently a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Investigative Engineers Association, National Society of Professional Engineers, National Roofing Contractors Association and the Structural Engineers Association of Illinois.